The re-named Dreams Aventuras Riviera Maya hotel – formerly the Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort and Spa – closed down during the pandemic and used the time to give the resort an extensive makeover.
The popular Mexican Caribbean hotel has now re-opened after completion of the full program of refurbishment: here’s what you can expect.
The Dreams Aventuras Riviera Maya beachfront hotel is located in Puerto Aventuras, mid-way between activity-filled Playa del Carmen and foodie-friendly Tulum, and just over an hour’s drive from Cancun International Airport.
Puerto Aventuras is a purpose-built town popular that’s with ex-pats as well as tourists, with a top-quality golf course, great diving facilities, two marinas, and excellent connections to many of the region’s most popular historical sites and activities.
The main changes made to the resort were:
- Many of the hotel’s suites were redecorated, with some being reconfigured so they have direct access to the pool.
- Improvements were made to the lobby, which is now decorated in earthy tones, making it super inviting.
- Furniture, bedding, and decor have been upgraded.
- Six of the resort’s restaurants were completely redecorated.
- The Dreams Spa by Pevonia received an upgrade.
- A new fitness room has been installed.
- A Kiddie Splash Zone was created.
- A beachfront terrace was built for hosting events and weddings.
There are 305 rooms and suites at the Dreams Aventuras Riviera Maya Resort. Room sizes start at 422 sq ft in the Deluxe Pool View room, with simple, warm decor, its own balcony, and seating area. Next up in size are the larger 444 sq ft family suites, which have the same amenities but include two double beds.
On the luxury end, the hotel offers ‘Preferred Club’ category rooms, which include a range of perks, such as personalized check-in and check-out, access to the Preferred Lounge, continental breakfast and afternoon hors d’oeuvres, plus premium liquors. The largest of these rooms is the spacious 721 sq ft Master Suite with Ocean View, which is decorated in the appealing Dreams style, and has a comfortable living and dining area, as well as a separate bedroom.
This impressive hotel boasts a whole range of facilities and activities, including two swimming pools – where you can learn to scuba – plus a saltwater pool at the beach, and two outdoor hot tubs. There’s the opportunity to interact with dolphins on-site or venture out to make the most of the complimentary green fees.
There’s a kids club and a teens club, to make sure younger members of the family are kept entertained. And speaking of entertainment, there’s plenty going on at this resort: movies on the beach, live music shows, themed nights, dance classes, and cocktail-making workshops. You name it, they probably do it here.
For foodies, there are nine restaurants and three bars to choose from, serving up a wide variety of cuisine – from a grill to an ice cream factory, via seafood, sushi, and Italian, you’ll never run out of exciting dining options here.
Topping off the facilities is a luxury spa, for the ubiquitous vacation massage, and a brand new fitness center with a range of workouts and classes.
Rooms at the Dreams Aventuras Riviera Maya cost on average $305 per night. Check prices and deals
Dreams Resorts are owned by AMC, which also owns Secrets, Breathless and Zoetry brands. Other Mexican Caribbean hotels in the Dreams family are:
- Dreams Jade Resort and Spa
- Dreams Natura Resort and Spa
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort and Spa
- Dreams Sapphire Resort and Spa
- Dreams Playa Mujeres Golf and Spa Resort
- Dreams Aventuras Riviera Maya
- Dreams Vista Cancun Golf and Spa Resort
- Dreams Sands Cancun Resort and Spa
- Dreams Tulum Resort and Spa
- Dreams Cozumel Cape Resort and Spa
Plan Your Next Cancun Vacation:
Traveler Alert: Don’t Forget Travel Insurance For Your Next Trip!
Choose From Thousands of Cancun and Riviera Maya Hotels, Resorts and Hostels with Free Cancellation On Most Properties
↓ Join the community ↓
The Cancun Sun Community FB group has all the latest travel news, conversations and tourism Q&A’s for the Mexican Caribbean
Subscribe to our Latest Posts
Enter your email address to subscribe to The Cancun Sun’s latest breaking news affecting travelers, straight to your inbox.