A Playa del Carmen hotel won big time at the Travvy Awards ceremony this past Thursday. The hotel, La Casa de la Playa by XCaret, was given a range of nods in the hotel category including the best all-inclusive luxury resort, showing that this luxury property might just be the ultimate hotel experience in Playa del Carmen this winter.
All About The Travvy Awards
The Travvy Awards recognize some of the best in luxury travel for U.S. and Canadian travelers and this year’s winners were chosen by top travel agents in the industry. Thursday’s gala, which was held at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina in Florida, marked the 8th edition of the awards. On top of the best in the hotel industry, other awards included the best airlines, travel insurance providers, cruise lines, and more.
Here’s everything you need to know about the accolades given to La Casa de la Playa, including how to plan your next trip to the resort.
La Casa De La Playa Gets Three Major Nods In The Hotel Category
La Casa de la Playa by XCaret was given three major nods at this year’s event, making it one of the most-recognized hotel in Mexico by the Travvy’s.
Other major luxury properties in the Riviera Maya were also given recognitions in hotel categories across the board, from the best honeymoon resorts to the best all-inclusives for destination weddings. The wins for La Casa de la Playa included:
Top 5 Travel Insurance Plans For 2023 Starting At $10 Per Week
- Best All-Inclusive Luxury Resort in Mexico: La Casa de la Playa won gold in this category. The two other winners were also in the Cancun/Riviera Maya region – The Grand Fiesta Americana Coral Beach Cancun All-Inclusive Spa Resort and the Atelier Playa Mujeres.
- Best All-Inclusive Resort – Spa and Wellness: La Casa de La Playa tied for the silver in this category, along with the Hyatt Zilara Cap Cana in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.
- Best All-Inclusive Resort Overall: La Casa de la Playa came in third place (bronze) in the best overall all-inclusive resort category, after The Dreams Riviera Maya and the Sanctuary Cap Cana.
You can see the complete list of winners here.
All About La Casa De La Playa By XCaret
Opened just last year in December 2021, La Casa de la Playa has taken the luxury travel experience in Playa del Carmen to the next level. With 63 stylish suites on-site including its signature Muluk Spa and a swim-up pool, this adult-only luxury resort in Playa del Carmen has everything to complete your perfect boutique hotel experience in the Mexican Caribbean. Here’s some of the hotel’s other highlights:
- Chocolateria: There’s right, there’s a candy and chocolate boutique right on the property. You’re in the Riviera Maya, a major destination known for its chocolate, after all.
- Biblioteca: La Casa de la Playa has a stylish library on-site, featuring a sommelier to recommend a local coffee or disgestif to end your tiring day of lounging in the sun.
- Concept Store: Named Cuarto de las Maravillas, the resort’s concept store features local Mexican and Mayan-inspired art and textiles.
- Cava: A wine cellar on-site that features international as well as local Mexican wines guided by the expertise of sommelier Sandra Fernandez.
- Infinity Pool: Get it for the ‘gram at La Casa de la Playa’s gorgeous swim-up pool that overlooks the Caribbean Sea.
- Muluk Spa: Someone say luxury? The resort’s signature Muluk Spa has just about anything you could dream of in a spa, including two salt rooms and mud rooms, five double massage cabins featuring jacuzzi and hydrotherapy, ocean-view hydrotherapy, and so much more.
Plan Your Next Cancun Vacation:
Traveler Alert: Don’t Forget Travel Insurance For Your Next Trip!
Choose From Thousands of Cancun and Riviera Maya Hotels, Resorts and Hostels with Free Cancellation On Most Properties
↓ Join the community ↓
The Cancun Sun Community FB group has all the latest travel news, conversations and tourism Q&A’s for the Mexican Caribbean
Subscribe to our Latest Posts
Enter your email address to subscribe to The Cancun Sun’s latest breaking news affecting travelers, straight to your inbox.