Think of Cancun and crazy nightlife is sure to spring to mind. After a day of relaxing on the beach or around the pool, what could be better than letting your hair down in one of Cancun’s many night spots? Or maybe you’re headed straight out from an afternoon at one of Cancun’s best beach clubs. Whichever Cancun activities you’ve enjoyed during the day, getting dressed up and ready to hit the town is all part of a vacation, right? So here are the top 5 nightclubs and discos in Cancun.
On a rundown of the best nightclubs in Cancun, you have to start with Coco Bongo. This legendary club has been providing vacationers with a night to remember for the last 25 years and it has become an iconic star of the Cancun clubbing scene.
The night is based around impressive shows, which are varied and range from a Mask-themed show to classic-60s with The Beatles, to a Brazilian-inspired Samba show. Whatever your musical preference, you’ll find something to enjoy here, as you can’t help but get swept up in the party atmosphere.
- Hours: Open daily from 8 pm to 3 am
- Address: Blvd. Kukulcan 30, Punta Cancun, Zona Hotelera, 77500 Cancún
- Cover charge: from 70 USD for a Ladies ticket to VIP Front Row tickets for 185 USD. Tickets include 15 national or premium drinks and a hot snack
- Music type: Varied
HRoof is an EDM-heavy private club in the mid-section of Cancun’s hotel zone. Its tagline #NotForEveryone creates a sense of exclusivity and being away from the crowded entertainment district means everyone who’s here really wants the HRoof experience.
With big-name DJs regularly being booked, and exciting DJ sets throughout the night, HRoof will be a real night to remember on your Cancun vacay.
- Hours: Fridays and Saturdays from 11 pm to 3 am
- Address: Blvd. Kukulcan km 14.2, Zona Hotelera, 77500 Cancún, Q.R., Mexico
- Cover charge: You pay for a private section that includes bottle service, and prices ranges from 20,000 MXN for 4 people to 150,000 MXN for 15.
- Music type: Mainly EDM
The City is somewhere for the serious partyers to hang out, as it stays open until 6 am. This multi-floor club is famous for its world-class DJs, one of the best lighting rigs around, and impressive acrobatic and fire-eating shows. It’s a night out elevated to an unforgettable vacation experience.
- Hours: The CIty is only open on Fridays from 10.00 pm to 6 am, so book ahead.
- Address: Forum By The Sea, Blvd. Kukulcan Km 9.5, Punta Cancun, Zona Hotelera, 77500 Cancún
- Cover charge: ranges from 60 to 240 USD, including credit for drinks
- Music type: Mostly EDM, but you will also hear some Top 40 tunes
Senor Frogs is a household name, so you’ll likely know what to expect from this always-popular Cancun branch. But, in case you don’t, it’s a colorful family restaurant by day that becomes one of the hottest places to party at night. Famous for its spring break blowouts but also catering to older guests, you’ll always have a fun time here enjoying the shows and entertainment on offer.
- Hours: Open daily from 11 am to 1 am
- Address: Blvd. Kukulcan km. 9.5, Punta Cancun, Zona Hotelera, 77500 Cancún
- Cover charge: No cover before 8 pm but 5 USD after. You can purchase a Frog’s Pass for 900 MXN that includes a meal, a yard-long drink of your choice, and a branded cap.
- Music type: Crowd-pleasing stuff with music from all genres being played
Mandala is another longstanding nightclub favorite for visitors to Cancun. Its unique selling point is its Asian theme, with Indian-style sculptures, sultry red lighting, and chandeliers offering that touch of opulence.
It’s an indoor-outdoor venue, great for enjoying those hot, hot Cancun nights. Soundtracks are varied and crowd-pleasing, they offer popular themed nights, and the party vibes are second-to-none.
- Hours: Open daily from 8.30 pm to 3 am
- Address: KM 9.5, Blvd. Kukulcan, Punta Cancun, Zona Hotelera, 77500 Cancún
- Cover charge: 60 USD, which includes 50 USD of credit for drinks
- Music type: Varied, including Top 40, hip hop, EDM, and Latin.
Plan Your Next Cancun Vacation:
Traveler Alert: Don’t Forget Travel Insurance For Your Next Trip!
Choose From Thousands of Cancun and Riviera Maya Hotels, Resorts and Hostels with Free Cancellation On Most Properties
↓ Join the community ↓
The Cancun Sun Community FB group has all the latest travel news, conversations and tourism Q&A’s for the Mexican Caribbean
Subscribe to our Latest Posts
Enter your email address to subscribe to The Cancun Sun’s latest breaking news affecting travelers, straight to your inbox.