Playa del Carmen is blessed with long stretches of pure white sand, and this is one of the big draws for the more than a million tourists that visit each year. So, what could be better than waking up to stunning ocean views from your prime beachfront hotel? To help you choose from the amazing resorts available, here are the top 5 beachfront hotels in Playa del Carmen.
Banyan Tree Mayakoba
The award-winning 5 AAA Diamond Banyan Tree Mayakoba resort is nestled a few miles north of Playa del Carmen.
The resort sits in a large beachfront plot that’s linked up by canal waterways – perfect for the secluded villas which are designed to make the most of the natural surroundings of the mangrove forests. Each villa offers visitors the height of luxury, with imposing structures and unique Asian-inspired decor topped off with its own pool and views of the ocean, water, or jungle.
Carefully designed restaurants offer visitors a range of cuisines, from Italian to Thai and from Mexican to burgers. You can also dine in your villa, or take a dinner cruise through the resort’s waterways. A luxury spa, fitness center, and golf course are available to visitors too, making this elegant resort a standout for visitors.
Hotel Xcaret Arte
Another luxury option just south of Playacar is the adults-only Hotel Xcaret Arte. This is one of Grupo Xcaret’s newest resorts, one of the big enticements is the complimentary access and transportation to the whole portfolio of Xcaret Parks, which can save you big bucks.
This 900-suite resort manages to create an intimate atmosphere, with rooms, restaurants, and entertainment spread over six houses:
- House of Design: home to 2 bars and 1 restaurant
- House of Artists: housing 1 restaurant, 1 bar, and the gym
- House of the Pyramid: you’ll find 1 restaurant, 2 bars, and a boutique here
- House of Music: 1 restaurant and 2 bars are located here
- House of Peace: 2 bars, the Muluk Spa, and a gym can be found here
- Patron’s House: home to 4 restaurants, a coffee bar, and a boutique
The 9 restaurants serve up varied food, including Mexican, Lebanese, Chinese, Mediterranean, Japanese, and vegan food, all prepared by expert chefs in their field. Workshops, entertainment, and round-trip transportation to both Isla Mujeres and the airport are all included.
Hilton Playa del Carmen
One of the best beachfront hotels in the center of Playa del Carmen is the Hilton Playa del Carmen, which consistently scores well on location, service, and facilities.
Overlooking white sands and turquoise ocean, this all-suites property is designed for relaxation. Benefitting from floor-to-ceiling windows, jetted tubs, and a color palette of calming shades, suite sizes range from the 653 sq ft Jr Garden or Oceanfront Suites to the almost 2,000 sq ft Presidential Suite, with a private rooftop pool, bar, and terrace.
There are 14 restaurants on site (some requiring reservations), with food ranging from Asian fusion at Asiana, Kalamata serving up Mediterranean fare, Pelicanos offering Caribbean fusion, plus an ever-changing Chef’s Plate fine dining experience. Two pools with hot tubs, a full program of entertainment, and a luxury spa are also on offer, topping off what is a great beachfront Hilton resort.
Grand Velas Riviera Maya
The resort offers 3 unique experiences designed to appeal to a wide range of visitors:
- Romantic escape: Perfect for couples, this experience begins in one of the 90 coral-hued Grand Class suites which boast ocean views and a private plunge pool. Enjoy special experiences including stargazing or movies by starlight.
- Family adventures: Family-friendly facilities abound, with 195 suites offering convenient facilities, spacious accommodation, and jacuzzi tubs, plus close proximity to the Kids’ and Teens’ clubs. Activities include beach games and snorkeling.
- Secluded relaxation: Set slightly apart from the rest of the resort, this jungle-encircled area is perfect for visitors seeking a more secluded vacation. Suites are zen, with private wooded terraces, jacuzzis, and jungle views. Experiences include yoga, photography workshops, and spa sessions.
Plan Your Next Cancun Vacation:
Traveler Alert: Don’t Forget Travel Insurance For Your Next Trip!
Choose From Thousands of Cancun and Riviera Maya Hotels, Resorts and Hostels with Free Cancellation On Most Properties
↓ Join the community ↓
The Cancun Sun Community FB group has all the latest travel news, conversations and tourism Q&A’s for the Mexican Caribbean
Subscribe to our Latest Posts
Enter your email address to subscribe to The Cancun Sun’s latest breaking news affecting travelers, straight to your inbox.