There are hundreds of resorts to choose from in the Mexican Caribbean with new ones regularly being announced. Whether you’re looking for a beachfront ultra-luxe spa resort in Cancun or a jungle resort in Tulum, there is something to meet all tastes in the Mexican Caribbean, a coastal area that includes the resorts of Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Tulum, Cozumel, and more.
Here are 4 new resorts for 2022, all located in the beautiful Mexican Caribbean.
Margaritaville St. Somewhere Resort Holbox
Margaritaville is a popular resort brand, with hotels already operating in Cancun and the Riviera Maya. The newest addition is the St. Somewhere Resort in Punta Coco, on the stunning Holbox Island. Offering the raw natural beauty of a hideaway paradise island, guests can enjoy the best of modern boutique facilities but with the feel of stepping off-grid.
The new Margaritaville St. Somewhere Resort offers the following amenities:
- 39 comfortable suites, enhanced with craftsman-made furnishings and natural colors creating a calming environment that’s perfect for relaxing.
- Two open-air restaurants – The Sand Bar & Pan American Grill for seafood and ceviches, and The Harbour House Peninsular Cuisine & Wood Stove for more traditional foods, such as pizza and bruschetta – as well as a bar.
- Activities include deep-sea fishing, birdwatching, whale shark swimming, and cooking classes.
Check prices at: Margaritaville St. Somewhere Resort Holbox
Paradisus Playa Mujeres:
This newly-opened resort in Playa Mujeres is the fourth of the Paradisus brand resorts in the Mexican Caribbean, with the others in Cancun, Cozumel, and Playa del Carmen. The brand, owned by Melia, is committed to representing the natural beauty of the region in its waterfront resorts, while balancing it with sustainability, ensuring the surroundings are impacted as little as possible.
The new Paradisus in Playa Mujeres offers the following impressive amenities:
- Mexican-inspired suites ranging from 590 sq ft to 6,500 sq ft, offering tropical garden views, vistas across the white sand beaches, or over the adjoining marina.
- 12 dining options, including fine dining at Flora, market-style food at Malva, and Japanese, Thai, and Chinese food at Tokimeku.
- Access to a nearby golf course designed by Greg Norman.
- YHI Spa and fitness center, offering wellness treatments, massages, and all the latest gym equipment.
- Beach cinema, theme nights, and a rock festival, amongst other entertainment.
Check prices at: Paradisus Playa Mujeres
Hilton Tulum Riviera Maya All-Inclusive
This new eco-chic resort is due to open in June 2022, and it looks certain that guests will be in for a treat. Set on a beautiful beachfront, only 15km from the center of popular tourist destination Tulum, this well-known brand’s resort promises the following outstanding facilities:
- 735 suites with clean, modern decor and a touch of the Tulum-chic esthetic.
- 13 restaurants and bars, with Mexican, Italian, Asian, steakhouse, and seafood options.
- A top-quality wellness spa with 16 treatment rooms.
- Group yoga, fitness classes, and wellness workshops.
- 9 resort pools, plus a kids-only pool area and playground.
Hotel By Blue Diamond Resorts
The opening of this new hotel has been delayed several times but recently has been purchased by Blue Diamond Resorts. The name and opening dates have not been released but stay tuned as The Cancun Sun will be first to bring you the announcement.
Amenities of the resort will include:
- A choice of sleek and elegant suites with all mod-cons, some with ocean views and in-room tubs.
- 7 tempting restaurants
- 3 sea-view pools and a lazy river.
- Kids pool and waterpark with 14 water slides.
- Sports include mini-golf, bowling, and tennis.
- Senzia Spa with Turkish bath, jacuzzi, Indo-Roman pools, and an extensive menu of treatments.
Plan Your Next Cancun Vacation:
Traveler Alert: Don’t Forget Travel Insurance For Your Next Trip!
Choose From Thousands of Cancun and Riviera Maya Hotels, Resorts and Hostels with Free Cancellation On Most Properties
↓ Join the community ↓
The Cancun Sun Community FB group has all the latest travel news, conversations and tourism Q&A’s for the Mexican Caribbean
Subscribe to our Latest Posts
Enter your email address to subscribe to The Cancun Sun’s latest breaking news affecting travelers, straight to your inbox.